Terms & Conditions
Dear friends and family, welcome to Kin! Privacy keeps your memories unique and special – share them only with those closest to you and save them to share with generations to come.
Kin has developed a unique platform that helps friends and families communicate with each other and share special moments and memories, privately. These terms govern your use of Kin and other products, features, applications, services, technologies and programs that we provide, unless we expressly state that other independent terms apply (other than these terms). These products are provided to you by Todos Media Limited.
We will charge you fees for using Kin and the other products and services covered by these terms set out on our subscription page https://www.kin.family/pricing-and-features/ . We charge you fees for using Kin because we do not generate revenues by including advertisements on the platform which we feel detract from your experience.
We do not sell your personal data to advertisers, nor do we share information that directly identifies you (such as your name, email address, or other contact information).
Our Privacy Notice https://www.kin.family/privacy explains how we collect and use your personal data and provide all other services described below.
We developed Kin to bring friends and families closer together against a backdrop of world pandemic where friends and family are increasingly segregated by lockdown and travel restrictions. To this end, Kin brings you the following products and services:
- Kin offers you a personalised experience: Your experience on Kin is different from anyone else's experience: from the posts, stories, events, pictures, memories and other types of content you upload to the platform. We use the data we have, such as that about your communications, the choices and settings you make, the items you share, and the actions you take inside and outside our products, to personalise your experience.
- Kin encourages you to express yourself and communicate about what interests you, what you have been doing and how you are feeling in total privacy: We provide you with many ways to express yourself on Kin and communicate with friends and family in a privacy about the matters you care about, for example, sharing status updates, photos, videos and stories through the Kin products you use, Or send messages, and even Future Messages, to friends, family and generations to come, create events or groups, or add content to your profile.
- Kin seeks to counter harmful behaviour, protecting and supporting our community: Only when they feel safe will people be able to truly enjoy the benefits of the Kin platform. This is platform to unite friends and family, not divide them. In addition to your own controls over your invited friends and family, if we become aware of the existence of such hostile content or behaviour, we will take appropriate action, for example, offering to provide assistance, removing the content, removing or blocking access to certain features, disabling the account, or communicating with law enforcement agencies.
- Kin is always seeking ways to improve our services: We conduct research to develop, test and improve our products. This includes analysing our user data and learning about how people use our products, for example by conducting surveys, testing new features, and troubleshooting problems. The Privacy Notice https://www.kin.family/privacy explains how we use data to support these searches for the purposes of developing and improving our services.
- Kin enables global access to our services: In order for us to provide our service globally, we must store and distribute content and data in systems and data centres that we use around the world, including those located outside your country of residence. This infrastructure may be operated or controlled by Todos Media Limited or their affiliates.
1. Sources of financing our services
Protecting people's privacy is of great importance in designing our application for friends and family. As such, we do not share your information with advertisers for the purposes of generating revenues through adverts displayed within the application.
Instead, Kin charges fees for using the application and other products and services covered by these terms set out in our subscription terms https://www.kin.family/pricing-and-features
For information about how we handle the data you provide via the application please refer to https://www.kin.family/privacy
2. Your obligations to Kin and your network
2.1. Who Can Use Kin?
When people support their opinions and actions, our community feels more secure and responsible. For this reason, you must:
- Use the same name that you use in your daily life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own account) and use your diary for personal purposes only.
- Not to share your password, grant access to your Kin account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We always strive to enable all people in general to use Kin, but you cannot use Kin in the following cases:
- If you are under the age of 13 (or the minimum legal age allowed to use our products in your country).
- If you have been convicted of harassment or sexual assault.
- If we previously disabled your account due to violating our terms or policies.
- If you are included in the prohibition of receiving our products, services or programs according to the applicable laws.
2.2. What can you share and do on Kin?
We want people to use Kin responsibly to express themselves and share the content that interests them, but without being at the expense of the safety and security of others or at the expense of the integrity of your network. You therefore agree not to commit any of the behaviours described below (or to facilitate this for others or help them commit it):
2.2.1. You may not use our products to do anything or share anything if it:
- violates these terms which apply to your use of Kin and/or applicable laws and regulations in the country in which you are resident;
- is illegal, deceptive, discriminatory, or fraudulent; and/or
- Infringes or infringes someone else's rights, including their intellectual property rights.
2.2.2. You may not download viruses or malicious code or do anything that disrupts, obstructs or hinders the proper operation of our products or their proper appearance.
2.2.3. You may not access or collect data from our products by using automatic means (without our prior permission) or trying to access data that you do not have access to.
We can remove or block access to content that violates these provisions.
If we remove the content you shared as a result of it violating our standards, we will notify you of this and explain to you any options available to you to request a review, unless you violate these terms seriously or repeatedly; Or if doing so exposes us or others to legal liability; Or harm our user community; Or endanger the security of any of our services, systems, or products, or impair their operation; Or when we are unable to handle matters as required due to technical limitations; Or in cases where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or behaviour that you believe violates your rights or our terms and policies. You can report specific storyline posts via the Kin application itself or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also remove or block access to the content or services you provide or your information items if we decide that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate negative legal or regulatory implications on Kin.
2.3. The permissions that you give Kin
We ask that you grant us specific permissions so that we can provide our services:
2.3.1. Permission to use and share content that you create and share: Some elements of the content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You own the intellectual property rights (rights such as copyright or trademark rights) for any content you create and share on Kin. Nothing in these terms deprives you of the rights you enjoy in relation to your content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. However, in order for us to provide our services, we require that you grant us some legal permissions (known as a "license") that authorize you to use this content. This relates only to the purposes of providing and improving our products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, publish, or upload content protected by intellectual property rights to or in our products or in any way related to our products, you grant us an international, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty-free license to host the content and to use, distribute, modify, operate, copy, present or publicly display, translate, and create derivative works from it (consistent with your https://www.kin.family/privacy). This means that, for example, if you share a picture on Kin, you are giving us permission to allow us the right to store, copy and share it with others such as service providers who support our service or other Kin products that you use. This license will expire once your content is deleted from our systems.
You can delete content items individually or delete them all at once by deleting your account in your settings function. You can request a copy of your data at any time before deleting your account.
Once the content is deleted, other users cannot see it, however it may still exist elsewhere on our systems for the following reasons:
- Immediate content deletion cannot be done due to technical limitations (in this case, your content will be deleted within a maximum of 90 days from the time it was deleted)
- Your content has been used by other people in accordance with this license and have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to operate until such content is deleted); or
- Immediate deletion of content limits our ability to:
- Conduct an investigation or identify illegal activity or violations of the terms and policies we use (for example, identify or investigate misuse of our products or systems)
- Comply with a legal obligation, such as preserving evidence; or
- Compliance with a request by a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or government agency;
In this case, the content will not be retained for longer than the time required for the purposes for which it was kept (the exact period varies according to each case).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue to operate until the content is completely deleted.
2.3.2. Permission to update the software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates on the program whenever possible.
2.4. Restrictions on the use of our intellectual property rights
If you use content elements that are protected by intellectual property rights that we own and provide through our products (for example, images, designs, videos, or audio clips that we provide to you and you add them to content that you create and share on Kin), then we reserve all rights to these content elements (but we do not reserve the rights to your content elements). You can only use our copyright or trademarks with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to be able to modify our source code, create derivative works from it, decompile it, or attempt to extract it in any way.
3. Additional terms
3.1. Updating our terms
We always strive to improve our services and develop new features to make our products better and more suitable for you and our community. As a result, these terms may be required to be updated from time to time to more accurately reflect our services and practices. We will only make changes if the provisions are no longer appropriate or incomplete, and the changes are reasonable and take into account your interests.
We will inform you (for example: via e-mail or via our products) no less than 30 days before making any changes to these terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they come into effect, unless the changes are required by law. Once any updated terms go into effect, you must adhere to them if you decide to continue using our products.
We are very pleased that you continue to use our products, but if you do not agree to our updated terms and choose not to be part of the Kin community anymore, you can delete your account at any time.
3.2. Account suspension or termination
We want Kin to become a place where people can express themselves and share their thoughts and opinions freely and completely safely.
If we find that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly violated our terms or policies, including our community standards in particular, we may suspend your account or permanently disable your access to it. We may also suspend or disable your account in the event that you repeatedly violate the intellectual property rights of other people or if we are required to do so for legal reasons.
When we take such action, we will notify you of this and explain to you any options available to you to request a review, unless doing so exposes us or others to legal liability; Or harm our user community; Or endanger the security of any of our services, systems, or products, or impede their operation; Or when we are unable to handle matters as required due to technical limitations; Or in cases where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
You can learn more about what actions can be taken when your account is disabled by contacting email@example.com i.e if you believe we have disabled your account by mistake.
3.3. Liability Limits
We work hard to provide the best products and provide clear guidelines to everyone who uses them. However, our products are provided "as is" and we make no guarantees that they will remain safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will operate without downtime, delays or imperfect operation conditions. To the extent permitted by law, we also disclaim all kinds of warranties, whether explicit or implicit, including implied warranties of commercial merchantability, fitness for a specific purpose, and non-infringement of rights and property. We do not control or direct people and others as to what they must do or say, and we bear no responsibility for their actions or behaviours (whether online or in reality) or any content they share (including any content that is offensive, inappropriate, obscene or illegal and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict the times when issues related to our products could occur. Accordingly, our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by applicable laws, and we will not bear any liability under any circumstances for any loss of profits, revenues, information, data, or any consequential, special, indirect, warning, punitive or occasional arising out of or linked to these Terms or Kin products, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages and losses.
We strive to provide clear rules to limit disputes between you and us, and if possible completely prevent them. And if a dispute does arise, though, it is helpful to know where it is resolved and what laws apply to it in advance.
If you are a consumer, the laws in force in the country in which you reside will apply to any lawsuit, cause of action, or dispute that you bring against us, which arises out of or is related to these Terms or Kin products, and you may also settle the dispute in any court of competent jurisdiction in that country to which this lawsuit is subject to this jurisdiction. In all other cases, you agree that the lawsuit will be decided exclusively by the Courts of England & Wales. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts for the purpose of adjudicating all of these claims, and these Terms and any claims related to them will be subject to English law.
3.5. Other conditions
3.5.1. These Terms the entire agreement between you and Todos Media Limited regarding your use of our products. These terms supersede any previous agreements.
3.5.2. Some of the products we offer are also subject to supplemental terms. In the event that you use any of these products, supplemental terms are provided and become part of our agreement with you. To the extent that any supplemental terms contradict these terms, the supplemental terms shall be governed only within the framework of the conflict.
3.5.3. In the event that no part of these Terms is enforceable, the remaining portion shall remain in full force and effect. If we fail to implement any of these conditions, this is not a waiver. Any amendment or waiver of these terms must be in writing and signed by us.
3.5.4. You are not entitled to transfer any of your rights or duties under these conditions to anyone else without our consent.
3.5.5. You can designate someone (called a recommended contact) to manage your account in the event they are memorialized. Only the contact recommended to her, or anyone you specified in a valid will or similar document indicating an explicit consent to disclose your content items in the event of death or disability, will be able to request the disclosure of data from your account after his memorial.
3.5.6. These terms do not confer any rights of use to third parties. All rights and duties guaranteed under these terms are freely assignable by us in connection with merging, buying or selling of assets or by law enforcement or otherwise.
3.5.7. We always appreciate your feedback and suggestions about our products and services. But you should know that we are entitled to use it without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you, and we are not subject to any obligation to keep it confidential.
3.5.8. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
4. Other terms and policies that may apply to you
- Privacy Notice https://www.kin.family/privacy. These guidelines explain the standards we use about the content you post on Kin, your activity on Kin, and other Kin products.
- Subscription information https://www.kin.family/pricing-and-features. These terms apply to payments made on or through Kin for subscription fees and Premium services.